Tips and Information for Planning for Your River Trip
- Sunscreen. We recommend at least SPF 30 and make sure it’s waterproof!
- Sunglasses. While you might not want to bring your favorite and most expensive pair (in case they end up in the water), you will want protection for your eyes. The sun off the water can produce quite a glare. Attaching “Croakies” or a string to your sunglasses is also a good idea.
- Water bottle. With the excitement and activity, you are bound to break a sweat, so be sure to stay hydrated during the trip.
- Wet suit or paddling jacket. These items are suggested for when the weather begins to turn and it gets cold.
- Water shoes. Your feet are going to get wet. Guests should enter the raft with shoes or sandals that can get wet and will stay on your feet. We recommend rubber soled water shoes or sandals with Velcro.
- Camera. If you’re interested in capturing the moments of your Maine whitewater rafting trip on camera, be sure you bring your waterproof camera.
- A good attitude. Whitewater rafting takes a group effort from everyone in the raft and you will be an important part of a successful trip. Your attitude and willingness to be part of a team will be important to making sure everyone enjoys their experience.
If you have any questions about any of the items on the list or any questions about whitewater rafting in Maine, please give us a call. We are always ready to help. Call us at 1-800-634-7238 or e-mail [email protected].