Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument Lodging
Are you looking for lodging overlooking the Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument? Stay at the New England Outdoor Center located on Millinocket lake. These cozy lakeside cabin rentals that are perfect for checking out the Newly Designated National Monument. There are a range of sizes and styles, from log cabins with bunk beds to larger luxury guesthouses for a family vacation in Maine during any season.
Things to Do In The Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument
- Visit the National Monument and take a Drive on the Loop Road - find more information about that here.
- Sign up for a Guided Canoe or Kayak Trip with a Registered Maine Guide on the East Branch of the Penobscot River
- Sign Up for a Guided Hike - visit the National Monument with a guide or find out more information about hiking here.
- Enjoy a moose tour via pontoon boat or air conditioned Van. Find out more information about that here.
- Enjoy sitting on "The Point" at NEOC and view all the main peaks from Baxter Peak on Katahdin to Barnett Mountain in the National Monument.
- Relax and Watch the sun set over the beautiful Katahdin landscape and enjoy dinner and drinks right here onsite at the River Driver's Restaurant.
Find Out More about the National Monument Designation Here: Link to Original Document
Our small cabins have all the amenities of home, charming character and feature spectacular views of Millinocket Lake and Katahdin. Select cabins have traditional fireplaces, perfect for warming up after a day in the snow or on the trails.
Looking for winter lodging for the entire family or maybe combined families? Our Large Comfortable Cabins feature private bedrooms, large living rooms, dining rooms and kitchens as well as large private bathrooms
Come experience echo friendly lodging in Maine!
The Lodges on our property are groundbreaking in both design and construction, and meet the highest standards for certified clean air quality. Each building is perfect for your visit to the newly designated Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument. They are designed with an appreciation for the environment, but also perfectly located for you to explore it and are the ideal base to visit Baxter State Park or the Katahdin Woods National Monument. The area provides easy access to multiple Maine Adventures.
Looking for winter lodging for the entire family or maybe combined families? Our Premium Cabins feature private bedrooms, large living rooms, dining rooms and kitchens as well as large private bathrooms