The New England Outdoor Center is a lakeside resort that offers full service lodging in private lakeside cabins on Millinocket Lake. The location provides the necessary space you need to alleviate stress and relax. The lodging at NEOC is also known as “Twin Pine Cabins” and since the 1960s the original cabins were know in Maine as “Twin Pine Camps.” Camp, cottage, cabin…there are many names for the proverbial get-away. Our most recent NYC guests stated loudly – these are not cabins – they are lodges…
Whichever name you choose to call them, you will enjoy staying in the full-service cabins on the lake. Each one is unique and comes with full linens, so you can enjoy the benefits of staying at a hotel with the space, privacy and comfort of your own cabin. Most cabins have views onto water and others have views onto the Maine woods. You may even view a moose, fox or other wildlife passing by your window.
At NEOC every morning you can wake up to stunning views of Katahdin and Millinocket Lake. This location is just 8 miles from Baxter State Park and 4 miles from the Katahdin Woods and Waters Recreation Area access point.
We encourage our guests to book vacation packages as early as possible. Weekend dates and holidays will sell out fast! Book today, call 1-800-634-7238.
We believe that when you go on vacation, whether it’s a Maine whitewater rafting vacation or another outdoor adventure vacation, you shouldn’t have to leave a part of the family at home. We want all our guests (two legged and four legged) to enjoy their time at our resort. However, we do ask you to follow a few simple rules.
We welcome pets in the cabins at NEOC| Twin Pines:
Out of respect to our other guests, proximity to Baxter State Park and for the safety of the animals, pets dogs are not allowed at our campground
Penobscot Outdoor Center; camping, cabin tents, bunkhouses. Dogs are allowed at Twin Pine Camps Cabins with prior reservation for $20 per dog/per night. We have a few rules that we ask you to follow:
- Must be on a leash at all times.
- Please pick up after your dog.
- Due to barking, damage and summer heat, you may not leave your dog unattended unless in a kennel.
- Please keep cabins clean after your dog goes swimming, walking, etc.
- No dogs allowed on beds and furniture.
- You will be charged for any damage or extra cleaning.
- A $200 security deposit is required (we provide you with a clean dog bed and bowls).
- If you fail to register your pet with us – there is a $250 fee for unregistered pets.
- For all other pets, please inquire before making your reservation arrangements.
During your stay, if your pet needs medical attention or you would like some quality alone time there are local facilities in the area that can help.
Dog and Cat Kennels
Chester Animal Hospital
RR3 Box 1836
Lincoln, Maine 04457
East Millinocket, Maine
20 Dirigo Drive,
East Millinocket, Maine 04430