Maine River Rafting ~ 10 Great Reasons to Raft the Penobscot River with NEOC:
Happy Whitewater Rafters at NEOC
- It’s the only whitewater rafting river where you’re apt to spot a moose placidly feeding along its quiet stretches.
- The granite ridgeline of Katahdin rising 5200 magnificent feet above the river plays hide-and-seek with the paddler around every bend.
- The vertical walls of Ripogenus Gorge followed in close heart-pounding succession by the gnarly, class V Cribwork rapids.
- The courtesy, professionalism and fun-loving nature of your NEOC whitewater guide.
- The chance to paddle the historic waters first navigated by the birch canoes of the Penobscot People and the bateaus of the early river drivers.
- The opportunity to see a part of the pristine world explored by the great American writer and Concord Transcendentalist Henry David Thoreau.
- The comraderie of your white-water rafting mates as you all pull together to shoot the challenging rapids of the Penobscot.
- The delicious river dinner served up with Maine’s highest mountain as your backdrop.
- The possibility of spotting an American Bald eagle soaring high above you in the blue skies filled with fair weather clouds.
- The chance to leave the work-a-day world behind and make lasting memories with friends and family.
- Here is one more – Maine River Rafting is one great way to see parts of the landscape of Maine that you would never get to see while sitting in the seat of a car, or even on foot – come and join us, trips leave daily.
Katahdin Shines in the backdrop
Whitewater Rafting Fun with NEOC
Our guides are trained to take on any adventure.