The New England Outdoor Center has some great dining options when you are in the Katahdin Region. We have 2 locations:
- On Millinocket lake – at our headquarters where the The River Driver’s Restaurant & Pub is located adjacent to our lodging at Twin Pine Cabins. The River Driver’s Restaurant is an award winning restaurant overlooking Millinocket Lake and Maine’s highest mountain, Katahdin. The restaurant is family friendly and has a diverse menu, featuring quality American fare highlighted by seasonal, local, and fresh ingredients.
- Our Penobscot Outdoor Center – Our whitewater Rafting base, which we call POC has the Broken Paddle Pub – a bar in our Pavilion overlooking Pockwockamus Pond offering a select choice of beer and wine and some food. At POC you can also cook your own food on your fire ring, or you can come to the River Driver’s Restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The RD is open from 6am to 9 or 10 pm during summer time.
- Also check out our River Drivers Facebook page and the River Drivers blog.
Other dining options while you are with us
- If you are staying in our cabins, they have full kitchens complete with glassware and cookware, coffee maker, etc. Some of the cabins have gas grills on the deck and the other have charcoal grills.
- If you would like us to cater for an event for you or to provide the basic set-up or chefs for your meal or private event, please let us know and we can organize that
- People often request for a lakeside BBQ or Lobster Bake and we can set that up for you also
- At the Penobscot Outdoor Center – the sites, bunkhouses and cabin tents have fire rings, you will bring your own grill for the top of the ring if you plan on cooking.
- There is a Hannaford and an IGA in Millinocket and both stores have pretty much any food item that you will need while you are in the area if you are preparing your own food
If you are in the Katahdin Region and are looking for some family dining in Millinocket Maine, or if your craving for food outweighs your craving for adventure, we’ve got you covered. There’s nothing like a hike up Katahdin or a whitewater rafting adventure with NEOC to build up a healthy appetite.
Whether you’re cooking for the family or cooking a romantic dinner for two, our accommodations can provide you with everything you need to make a remarkable meal. Or if your fun-filled, action-packed day doesn’t include the thought of cooking, the Katahdin Region has many different dining options.
Central Street Market Pangburn Family IGA Grocery Store Pelletier Loggers Family Restaurant Scootic Inn Blue Ox Saloon